Thank you for visiting my personal website. The main purpose of starting http://www.khusilimbu.com is all about discovering my own passion and sharing it with like-minded people like you.
In an era where we have marveled about social networking and real-world networking, we never know what kind of opportunities come our way as a result of using it. To admit it candidly, I am leaving myself open to the opportunities that may arise because of such efforts.
There is a widespread belief among us that starting your personal website means promoting yourself. Umm…. that may be somewhat true but I strongly believe that self-promotion is not possible without you first promoting others. Therefore, in this website, you may find some contents other than my personal stories, particularly community activities that may interest you too.
“Action speaks louder than words”. So my personal website covers some of my accomplishments plus projects I am involved in. No wonder I would like my contacts to know about it. Any constructive criticism is welcome.
A Little Bit About Khusi Limbu
I am basically a community worker, but there is absolutely no problem if people call me ‘a social activist’ or even ‘a journalist’.
I am a Member of the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ). I am UK Editor of a global online news channel 24Newspress.com, but also I do regularly blog here at khusilimbu.com.
I hold key positions in a number of UK-based Nepalese organisations:
- Spokesperson – Nepali People’s Coordination Committee (NPCC UK) – a United Kingdom wing of Nepali Congress – the oldest and longest-ruling party in Nepal now in opposition.
- General Secretary – Nepal Federation of Indigenous Nationalities (NEFIN) UK (नेपाल आदिवासी जनजाति महासंघ बेलायत).
- Europe Chair: Non-Resident Nepali Association’s (NRNA), Foreign Employment and Migrant Workers’ Welfare Committee (FEMWWC).
- Executive Member: Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) UK
- Executive Member: Nepal Press Union UK
I am adviser of the following organisation in which I previously served in different capacities:
- Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) UK
- Royal Borough of Greenwich Nepalese Society (RGNS)
- Panchthar Tharpu Society UK
Previously I served in the following organisations:
- General Secretary (2017-2019): Federation of Nepalese Indigenous Nationalities Journalists (FoNIJ) UK – http://www.fonijuk.org
- General Secretary (2017-2019): Panchthar Samaj UK – https://www.facebook.com/panchtharsamajsewauk
- Vice President (2014-2019): Panchthar Tharpu Society UK – https://www.facebook.com/tharpu.samaj.uk/
- General Secretary (2015-2017): Royal Borough of Greenwich Nepalese Society (RGNS). https://www.facebook.com/rgns.org.uk/
- General Secretary (2013-2015): Hong Kong Nepali Munch UK https://hongkongnepalimunchuk.com/
- General Secretary (2004-2008): British National Overseas (Gurkha) Association UK
I am a Life-Member of Kirat Yakthung Chumlung UK
I am currently leading a philanthropic project in Nepal, due for completion in October 2019: what is popularly called NRNA UK’s Sirise School Reconstruction Project (2015-18).
Recently, I successfully accomplished another philanthropic project in Nepal which is Panchthar Tharpu Society UK’s Tharpu Campus Library Construction Project (2014-18).
I served as Spokesperson of the Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) UK and coordinated NRNA UK’s Press Department. During my tenure 2015-17, I edited and published its official magazine Nrn Voice. I did also assist a team contributing to the NRNA UK’s mega project “Nepal House” the aim of which is to buy a community Nepalese house in the UK with an estimated cost of £2 million.
I entered into voluntary sector and activism by co-founding the British National Overseas (Gurkha) Association UK in 2004 that successfully led the campaign to register over 10,000 British National Overseas (BNOs) and British Overseas Citizens (BOCs) as full British Citizens. The organisation was later renamed as Hong Kong Nepali Munch UK where I served again as General Secretary (2013-15).
I hold an Honours degree from the London South Bank University, and a BA from the Tribhuwan University (of Nepal).
My professional experience of over 18 years spans over various sectors, including two years in the Indian Army as a Gurkha infantry soldier, and 14 years in the customer service and private security industry. I am fluent in four different languages.
While working full-time as a Project Security Officer in a multibillion project in London (at Goldman Sachs London), I am continuing my voluntary jobs.
For my full profile, please visit: www.linkedin.com/in/mr-khusi-limbu